A freight audit is the process of reviewing all shipping invoices to identify billing errors. When LJM Group conducts a freight audit, we reveal errors made and ensure refunds due to your business. Errors can occur in a myriad of ways through inaccurate classification, mistaken accessorial charges, replicated charges, inaccurate tariff weight breaks, and service level breakdowns. Billing errors are not limited to a single carrier; we uncover thousands of dollars erroneously charged to our clients by all the major carriers.Savings need not end at the conclusion of the freight audit. LJM Group can help your business avoid overpaying on every future invoice. The major carriers make the refund process difficult to navigate – and that works to their benefit. And if you miss the deadlines, you are leaving money on the table.
The resources required to review each monthly invoice is extensive and goes well beyond the capacity most companies would like to expend on a tedious administrative task. Every month, you can count on overcharges, late deliveries, and mistakes to show up on your bills and if you are not proactive, you will never know how much you overpaid. The more shipping your company does, the more money you stand to lose by neglecting to audit your freight invoices.
• Incorrect Accessorial Charges
• Late Deliveries (GSRs)
• Dimensional Weight Errors (DIMS/SCC)
• Manifested but Not Shipped (Voids)
• Address Corrections
• Commercial/Residential Adjustments
• Delivery Area Surcharge (DAS/Rural)
• Extended Commercial/ Residential DAS
• Fuel Surcharge
• Minimum Net Charge
• International Import and Export
• Inaccurately Billed 3rd Party Shipments
• Duplicate Invoice
• Duplicate Tracking Number
• Inactive Account Reporting
• Multiple Account Validation
• Declared Value (Insurance)
• Undeliverable Returns
• Weight Accuracy
• Large Package Surcharge
• Saturday Delivery and Pick-up Validation
• Early A.M. Deliveries
• Invalid Account Number Usage
• Returned Service Labels Not Used
• Additional Handling Charges
• No Proof of Delivery
• Special Contract Consideration
• Packages Not Previously Billed
• All Miscellaneous Charges
There is no risk nor cost to working with LJM Group. We work on a contingency basis, only earning our fee when we uncover your savings! Each month you work with LJM Group, you stand to save up to 10% off your current monthly freight costs. That can add up to huge savings and a significant bump to your bottom line.
And LJM Group has all the tools you will ever need to make wiser shipping decisions moving forward. Use our Rate Shopper service to compare costs from one carrier to another. Enjoy the convenience of Tracking Concierge, designed for accurate tracking of perishable goods. Negotiate better rates year-round with your carriers when LJM Group works with you to land better rates and discounts.
Don’t leave money on the table. LJM Group will uncover the thousands you left behind and save you hard-earned money moving forward. For the most effective and comprehensive freight audit, count on LJM Group to deliver.